You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly. Links to Create.net, Paypal and Stripe privacy policies can be found at the web addresses below:
The Legal Base for Information Collection
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court or der or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by UK tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services.
• I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under the terms and conditions shown on the website. 3. The third parties with whom I may share personal information. Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Stripe & Paypal I share information with Stripe and Paypal as necessary to provide you with secure payment gateway services and comply with my obligations under Stessi Boutiques website's terms and conditions.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies- for example the Royal Mail. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Google Analytics - When someone visits www.stessiboutique.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
At the time of writing this policy (18th May 2018) Stephanie House / Stessi Boutique has never sent out a newsletter or contacted anyone through a mailing list. However, we do have the option to sign up to a newsletter and it is our intention to start contacting anyone who signs up and consents to joining a mailing list and receiving our newsletter later in 2018.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time
by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by
emailing Stessi Boutique to request this.
We take your data protection very seriously and
will never ever pass your details to anyone else and will never bombard you
with rubbish. It is our intention to send out a very infrequent newsletter
detailing upcoming events and/or special offers available to subscribers only
and you are free to unsubscribe at any time
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain,
and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably
necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b)
enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and
address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d)
protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you
required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory
obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally
keep your data for the following time period - 6 years as this is required of
me by the UK’s Her Majesty’s Customs and Revenue Service (HMRC)
5. If transferring personal information outside of
Europe, how the transfer will be handled.
The only circumstance in which I would transfer personal information out of the
European Union would be for delivery purposes through trustworthy services such
as the Royal Mail or UPS or similar postal services.
6. Buyers’ rights regarding my use of your personal
information and my contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of
rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights
apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe
these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to
raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any
other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Stephanie House, am the data
controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns,
you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hillside, Hogs Hill, Fernhurst, Haslemere, GU27 3HX
You can set your browser to refuse all or some
browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. If
become inaccessible or not function properly.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit.
Cookies can also
be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your
This enables us to understand how your use the site and track any
patterns with regards to how you are using our website. This helps us to develop
and improve our website as well as products and / or services in response to
what you might need or want.
This site uses the following types of
Session Cookies - these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser - they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
necessary Cookies - these cookies are essential to enable you
to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and
therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services
available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do
not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or
remembering where you have been on the internet.
Performance Cookies - these cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website, for example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
these cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide
enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with
news or updates relevant to the service you use. They may also be
used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or
commenting on a blog. The information that these cookies collects is
For more information about Cookies and how they affect you, please visit www.cookiesandyou.com.